The Peshwa accepted the Subsidiary Alliance with the British via which among the following treaties?
[A] Treaty of Purandhar
[B] Treaty of Bassein
[C] Treaty of Salbai
[D] Treaty of Surji Arjungaon
a) In 1802,Baji Rao-II killed Bithurji Holkar (younger brother of Yashwant Rao Holkar.
b) To take the revenge of it ,Yashwant Rao Holkar attacked on Poona & capture it.
c) To get the throne of Poona ,Bajirao-II signed the Treaty of Bassein.
As per the Treaty of Bassein (1802) –
»A subsidiary force consisting of not less than 6000 regular infantary ,with the usual proportion of field artillery and European artillery
»For the maintenance of subsdiary troops Rs.26 lakhs were too kept.
»Not to entertain any European except British.
»Not to claim over Surat and Baroda .
»Not to declare war without consulting British.
In which among the following years, Bombay transferred to the East India Company by Charles II ?
[A] 1662 A.D.
[B] 1664 A.D.
[C] 1666 A.D.
[D] 1668 A.D.
The most important reason for collection of “Chauth” and “Sardeshmukhi” by Marathas was __?
[A] To increase the source of income
[B] To expand his territories
[C] To consolidate his political influence
[D] Because of the opposition of Muslim rulers
Who among the following was not included in the “Asta Pradhan” of Shivaji ?
- Pantpradhan or Peshwa – Prime Minister, general administration of the Empire.
- Amatya – Finance Minister, managing accounts of the Empire.
- Sacheev – Secretary, preparing royal edicts.
- Mantri – Interior Minister, managing internal affairs especially intelligence and espionage.
- Senapati – Commander-in-Chief, managing the forces and defense of the Empire.
- Sumant – Foreign Minister, to manage relationships with other sovereigns.
- Nyayadhish – Chief Justice, dispensing justice on civil and criminal matters.
- Panditrao – High Priest, managing internal religious matters.
In which among the following years was the institution of Lokayukta established in Maharashtra ?
Central Bee Research and Training Institute is located at which among the following places?
Which among the following states is largest producer of Sugar in India?
Which among the following state has maximum number of districts in India?
[D] Andhra Pradesh
Which of the following is not correct regarding Maharashtra state?
[A]State animal – Indian Giant Squirrel
[B]State bird – Yellow footed great pigeon
[C]State tree – Neem
[D]Court jurisdiction – Bombay high court
As per the 2011 census, what is the sex ratio in Maharashtra?